2. Types of data we collect
Eastasy collects your personal information with the aim of providing better customer experiences through customization or personalization tailored to individual users. We may collect your personal data from the variety of sources such as our Website, your call and email, communications or interactions with us though any social media, events, promotions or surveys you participate in, or our business partners and/or other third parties
(a) Information Users provide to Eastasy:
Though users do not have to provide their personal data directly to Eastasy to use or have an access to our Website, the below personal data may be collected when users: 1) sign up and create an account; 2) register for certain services; 3) access certain contents or functionality; or 4) use certain functionality of our Website (i.e. direct access or connection by users to the web).
- Account information you create on our Website (including, e-mail, social networking site account information, name, user-name and password)
- Contact information (including name, mobile number or any other forms of contact detail)
- On-line payment system ID (Paypal and Alipay)
- Information required to complete the transaction on our Website (including your name, credit card information, and billing and shipping information)
- Contents (as defined in the Terms and Condition) that you post or upload to our Website
- E-mail that users send to Eastasy
- Search query that our Website executes
- Your personal data that you voluntarily provide to us when you create a public profile on our Website
- Private information you choose to provide voluntarily to Eastasy (including e-mail, blog or SNS information, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, hobbies, and interests)
Outside of the foregoing, we may collect your personal data from time to time. In such case, you will be notified that your personal data is being collected.
(b) Information automatically collected when you visit or interact with our Website:
- Your IP (Internet Protocol) address
- Your browser type and operating system of your computer or mobile device
- Webpages you visit immediately before and after you visit our Website
- Your activities and participations on our Website
- Web pages, advertisements or links on our Website you view or click on
- Bandwidth speed and information about the software program installed on your computer
- Integrated data about number of clicks on e-mails or hits on videos.
- Web server logs, HTML cookies, flash cookies, web beacons and personal data collected by similar types of technology. You could find more information about cookies and other technologies on cookies policy.
(c) Personal data obtained from other sources
Eastasy may receive your personal data below from third parties or third party platforms such as social networking sites, online marketing agents, or other business partners. Please note that Eastasy may add your personal data collected from third parties or third party platforms to information Eastasy has already collected from you through our Website and Service.
- ID and connection list when you access third party social networking sites (including Facebook connect or Twitter) from or through our Website.
- Your SNS friend lists when you log on to our Website with your SNS login credentials
- Demographical data such as age, gender, field of interests and etc.
- Advertisement related data including advertisement click through rate and number of users’ exposures or views of a certain advertisement.
- Mobile device identifiers which identify the location of your mobile device in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations and standards.
3. Purposes we collect and handle your personal information
E-mail: Eastasy may use personal data you submit to us either: 1) to notify any modifications or changes in our Website or user identification, or other informative notifications, including, without limitation, user account policy, updates on our Contents and Service; 2) to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your account was created; or 3) to send surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services, our business partners or other third parties for commercial or non-commercial purposes. Eastasy may also collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter.
Mobile: Upon user's agreement, Eastasy may send promotional contents, notifications or other Services to your mobile number provided.
(b) User’s inquiry:
Eastasy may use information we collected from you to meet requirements on your inquiries or requests in regards to our Services, products related to our Services or other information. For instance, Eastasy may use your contact information to respond your request or let our users to participate in any of our Services including surveys or promotional events.
(c) Statistical analysis:
Eastasy combines and analyzes information obtained from various sources to enhance our Website and Service. This helps Eastasy to broaden the scope of our Services and its functionality and tailor our Contents and the design of our Website to our users’ interests and needs.
(d) Execution of our Service
Eastasy may use your personal data for the purposes of preventing possible illegal or unlawful activities, executing the Terms and Conditions, or protecting rights of users and Eastasy.
In addition to the foregoing, Eastasy may use your personal information within any purposes you agreed upon that you, at the point of time such information was collected, agree to disclose or permit us to use.
4. Disclosure and sharing of personal data to third party
- Eastasy may provide non-identifying information that does not directly identify an individual user with the purpose of developing Contents, Service or advertisements. We do not provide Users’ contact information to third parties who promote and advertise their products or services on our Website.
- When you decide to participate in our Website by, for example, leaving comments or posts, uploading Contents, or filling in your public profile, other users, including anonymous visitors, may read, collect or use all the Contents and data you submit. Eastasy assumes no responsibility for the personal data you choose to submit or openly disclose to our Website.
- Eastasy may disclose personal information about you in accordance with our Terms and Conditions andand relevant laws, regulations and standards: 1) when we believe it is necessary to disclose to prevent illegal acts, frauds, physical harm or potential threat to any of individual rights; 2) if we are asked to provide in connection to meet legal demand or support legal process such as a court order and subpoena; or 3) when users are in violation of any of agreements on our Website.
(b) Third Party
- Eastasy may disclose user information in response to a subpoena, warrant, court order, levy, or a request by law enforcement authorities, to establish or claim legal rights of Eastasy, or defend Eastasy from a legal challenge.
In addition to the foregoing, Eastasy may collect and use information from you, at any time and from time to time, based on your consent at the point of time Eastasy collects information from you. Please note that if you visit our Website or click on an advertisement displayed on our Website, third parties may independently collect your information, such as your IP address, websites you visited and information about the link you are connected to, through cookies or any other means. Eastasy is not responsible for such third parties’ cookies or how they obtain or use your personal data.
(c) Market research and analytics
- Google Analytics
5. Information Collected via Technology
Cookies are small pieces of information stored in files within your computer’s browser. Websites can access only the cookies that they have stored on your computer. Eastasy utilizes cookies to (1) let us recognize your browser’s previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our Website. We may save your login information so you don't have to sign in every time you visit our WebsiteWebsite. (2) help us provide customized content and advertisement tailored to an each individual user on our Website. (3) improve our Service and keep track of our Website’s analytics. (4) examine how effective our interactive online content, communications and advertisement.
(b) Web Beacons
Eastasy, our business partners and other third parties may use web beacons, including cross domain cookies, transparent GIFs, bugs, pixels and similar devices to track your activities. These technologies help us track your activities on our Website and deliver graphic image on our Website or in emails. Web beacons can recognize information from your computer, including cookies, the time and date a page is viewed, and a page description where the web beacon is placed. In practice, any files, associated with a web page can play a role of web beacon. Eastasy, our business partners and other third parties may use web beacon for tracking your activities on our Website and for other various purposes.
(c) Flash cookies
Our business partners and other third parties may use Flash cookies to track your activities and behaviors for various purposes. These technologies collect and store cookie-like data stored on your computers, and are installed through Adobe's Flash video player.
6. Third party service
Eastasy may use and share your personal data with third party service providers (such as Facebook, Twitter or Google Plus) to enhance user experience through personalization and customization, and streamline the sign-up procedure. If you choose to connect with a social networking service, such as Facebook, Eastasy automatically shares your personal data with the third party service providers.
The main reason of using and sharing your personal data with third party service providers is to make your experience on our Services more personal and social. For example, we may show you what content is popular among your connections on the social networking service or give you a glimpse of what your friends are saying about that content. It's important to remember that those websites will have their own privacy policies and Eastasy does not control the privacy practices of these (or any other) third party services and assumes no responsibility which may arise from them. So we encourage you to read the privacy policies of their services before connecting to or through them.
7. Retention and Disposal of Personal Data
In principle, Eastasy intends to ensure immediate disposal of Personal Data from our database when they are no longer needed. Users can deactivate their account on our Website at any time. Once you deactivate your Eastasy account, the information on your profile will be disposed of in a timely manner; however, comments, postings and any Contents you openly provided or disclosed and those which have been derived from your Contents, including without limitation comments or postings, will remain as they have been, and Eastasy assumes no responsibility to delete, eliminate, or edit such Contents. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for more details. However, Eastasy may be, if applicable, compelled to retain and use the following information during a specific time period set forth in applicable South Korean laws, regulations, and standards in case of, including, but not limited to, paid Contents and electronic commerce.
In Accordance with: Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.
Duration of Retention: 3 years except for the following:
- Records in Relation to Representation/Advertisement: 6 months (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
- Records in Relation to Contract or Withdrawal from Membership: 5 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
- Records in Relation to Payment and Provision of Goods etc.: 5 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
- Records in Relation to Consumer Complaints or Dispute Settlement: 3 years (Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc.)
- Records in Relation to Collection/Disposal and Use, etc. of Billing Information, such as credit card information: 3 years (Act on the Use and Protection of Credit Information)
8. Rights users own and exercise
Users can contact our Privacy team 1) to review, correct or revoke your agreement of our collection or use of data or its sharing with other third parties of your personal data, 2) to review or request an amendment on, if there is a noticeable error, your personal data collected by Eastasy, or 3) to inquire the status of our collection or use of your personal data or its sharing with other third parties of your personal data.
9. Use of technology
As stated on Article 5. Information Collected via Technology, some information about you is collected automatically via cookies or other technologies.
- Cookies: By changing your browser settings, you can block all cookies, allow some cookies or get notified when cookies are set. You should be aware that if you delete cookies after such setting is made, cookie settings may change to default settings. In addition, in case you use different computers or internet browsers, such setting may not be applied.
- Flash cookies: You could find how to control the use of flash cookies on Adobe Macromedia website. On Adobe, You could permit some cookies from certain websites, limit the capacity of cookies or block all flash cookies. If you use Mozilla Firefox as an internet browser, you could download and install BetterPrivacy add-on and automatically delete cookies every time you close the internet browser.
Although, even without such technologies, you are able to view advertisements, and those advertisements may not be targeted based on your personal interests. Eastasy has no control over third party advertisers or service providers, and we are not responsible for their cookies or how they collect information about or from you. Third parties entities including advertisers have their own private policy that has no relations with Eastasy’s policy.
10. Security of Your Personal Data
Eastasy uses industry standard security technology and administrative process to prevent the loss, misuse, and change of user information. You should be aware that Eastasy does not 100% guarantee the security of any types of data transmission, transfer or storage. Although Eastasy hopes that our users have trust in the use of our Service, we cannot fully guarantee security of any types of information, data or Contents that users send to us.
11. A Note to Users Outside of South Korea
12. Children’s Privacy
We will not knowingly collect, use or retain personal information from anyone under the age of 13, for any purpose whatsoever (including internal or external marketing or promotional purposes) without parent's or guardian’s consent. If Eastasy notices that it has accidently collected personal information from anyone under the age of 13, Eastasy will immediately eliminate the information from our database. If you detect any information of anyone under the age of 13 is being transferred to Eastasy, please let us know immediately by contacting Privacy team.
14. Privacy team
If you have any inquiries or suggestions, please contact our Privacy team.
Person in charge: Bak, Jinhi
Effective date: May 1st, 2016